Help in cluster usage

Hello everyone!

The University where I work has a cluster with julia 1.0.3. I am trying to run a code that uses the package ClusterManagers and Parameters. But when I ran it using the cluster (I emphasize that the code is working on my computer), it gives me this error:

@everywhere using Parameters
ERROR: On worker 2:
ArgumentError: Package Parameters not found in current path:
- Run import Pkg; Pkg.add("Parameters") to install the Parameters package.

#116 at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:276
run_work_thunk at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:56
run_work_thunk at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Distributed/src/process_messages.jl:65
#102 at ./task.jl:259
#remotecall_wait#154(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Function, ::Distributed.Worker, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:421
remotecall_wait(::Function, ::Distributed.Worker, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:412
#remotecall_wait#157(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Function, ::Int64, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:433
remotecall_wait(::Function, ::Int64, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:433
(::getfield(Distributed, Symbol(“##163#165”)){Module,Expr})() at ./task.jl:259

…and 543 more exception(s).

Stacktrace:
** [1] sync_end(::Array{Any,1}) at ./task.jl:226**
** [2] macro expansion at ./task.jl:245 [inlined]**
** [3] remotecall_eval(::Module, ::Array{Int64,1}, ::Expr) at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/macros.jl:206**
** [4] top-level scope at /builddir/build/BUILD/julia/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Distributed/src/macros.jl:190**

I guess it is trying to access the package in a folder that doesn’t exist (for version 1.1). Am I right? Any idea how could I fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Thomas

You have probably not installed the package Parameters on the remote machines. I wrote a guide for my coworkers to do this, it’s available here
https://lup.lub.lu.se/search/publication/873af4d5-6229-4ad2-b907-c0ae0f667822

I also made a presentation about it in our julia coruse, it’s avaiable here
https://github.com/mfalt/juliacourse/blob/master/lecture7/distributed.pdf

5 Likes