Have to click on stack frame when debugging in Juno

I’m trying out the debugger in Juno for the first time. I notice that when a breakpoint is hit and the prompt turns to debug>, the prompt is not automatically in the innermost stack frame, even though this is highlighted in the callstack in the debugger pane. Consequently, I can not evaluate any expressions in the prompt. If I manually click the little number to the left of the innermost stack frame in the callstack, I can evaluate expressions at the debug prompt.

Is this a bug, intended behavior or have I messed something up?

Edit: This also happens sometimes when I enter a function, I have to manually click the new innermost stackframe to be able to evaluate code in it.

Hm, I can’t repro that. Definitely a bug though – are you on the latest versions for all Juno-related packages, both on the Julia and Atom side?

I think so, have tried to run all updates. Am on julia nightly from a couple of days back though, is that affecting perhaps?

(v1.2) pkg> st
    Status `~/.julia/environments/v1.2/Project.toml`
  [c52e3926] Atom v0.8.4

├── ink@0.10.3
├── julia-client@0.8.2
├── language-julia@0.18.0

Am on julia nightly from a couple of days back though, is that affecting perhaps?

Possible. JuliaInterpreter itself should work fine there, but I can’t guarantee the same for Juno (or rather, I know parts of Juno don’t work properly on nightly). Do open an issue to track this, though.

issue

1 Like