Graphs.jl and v0.5

Perhaps not the exact forum for this but hopefully somebody has a quick answer… I upgraded to v0.5 just recently and since then Graphs.jl has been issuing a slew of warnings of the following type:

WARNING: Method definition (::Type{Graphs.KeyVertex})(Int64, #K<:Any) in module Graphs at /home/healyp/.julia/v0.5/Graphs/src/common.jl:12 overwritten at /home/healyp/.julia/v0.5/Graphs/src/common.jl:16.
WARNING: Method definition (::Type{Graphs.Edge})(Int64, #V<:Any, #V<:Any) in module Graphs at /home/healyp/.julia/v0.5/Graphs/src/common.jl:54 overwritten at /home/healyp/.julia/v0.5/Graphs/src/common.jl:60.
:

Has anybody encountered this before? It would be nice to have the warnings resolved so any leads gratefully appreciated.

Beannachtaí,
healyp

Looks to me like those constructors are simply unnecessary, as these types have no custom inner constructors and the manually defined outer constructors do exactly what the default outer constructors would do. I don’t remember seeing those warnings on 0.5.0; perhaps something changed in 0.5.1. In any case, I would just delete the outer constructors and open a PR against Graphs.jl.

Graphs.jl is not maintained, please consider using LightGraphs.jl instead.

2 Likes

Many thanks. It took me no more than 1 hour to switch from Graphs.jl to LightGraphs.jl – and 3 days to report it :-).

1 Like