Error: The following package names could not be resolved

I’m trying to follow the directions on developing MC web app on this page.
https://www.genieframework.com/docs/genie/tutorials/Developing-MVC-Web-Apps.html

I’m stuck at the step on “Interacting with the movies data”.
If I type “using Movies”, it wants me to add the package. When I add the package, I get the error below

please advise.

julia>using Pkg
julia>Pkg.add(“Movies”)
ERROR: The following package names cold not be resolved:
*Movies (not found in project, manifest, or registry)

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any Julia package called Movies.

Does that mean the instruction provided by the website is not accurate? Is there a work around or what needs to be done to get it working?

Did you follow the instructions before that? It looks like the Movie package is quite example that you generate as part of the tutorial.

All the steps before were successful including “Creating the Movie model”.
My issue is with Interacting with the movies data.

Installing is not necessary. It should load the module defined in app/resources/movies/Movies.jl immediately beforehand.

Please have a look at the output of LOAD_PATH. It should look something like

julia> LOAD_PATH
12-element Vector{String}:
 "@"
 "@v#.#"
 "@stdlib"
 "C:\\Users\\stephan\\Watchtonight"
 "src"
 "app\\helpers"
 "app\\resources"
 ".\\app\\resources\\movies"
 "app\\resources"
 "app\\resources\\movies"
 "app\\resources"
 "app\\resources\\movies\\views"

The entries starting with app make the module Movies discoverable and are added when loading the app with bin/repl as per the instruction.

Great, after issuing “bin/repl”, I’m able to issue “using Movies” without adding the package.

My issue is when I tried to seed
julia>seed()
Error: MethodError: cannot ‘convert’ an object of type PosLenString to an object of type Int64

Can you provide the full stacktrace? And please quote code and outputs in ``` for proper formatting and readability.

julia> seed()
ERROR: MethodError: Cannot `convert` an object of type PosLenString to an object of type Int64
Closest candidates are:
  convert(::Type{T}, ::Base.TwicePrecision) where T<:Number at /opt/julia-1.7.3/share/julia/base/twiceprecision.jl:262
  convert(::Type{T}, ::AbstractChar) where T<:Number at /opt/julia-1.7.3/share/julia/base/char.jl:185
  convert(::Type{T}, ::CartesianIndex{1}) where T<:Number at /opt/julia-1.7.3/share/julia/base/multidimensional.jl:136
Stacktrace:
 [1] setproperty!(x::Movie, f::Symbol, v::PosLenString)
   @ Base ./Base.jl:43
 [2] seed()
   @ Main ~/Desktop/web02/Watchtonight/db/seeds/seed_movies.jl:17
 [3] top-level scope
   @ REPL[11]:1

Strange. For me line 17 reads

m.year = parse(Int, row.release_year)

Could it be you missed the parse?

yes, that worked. thank you