error loading packages in juliabox


#1

i am getting this error when trying to load metalhead or flux in juliabox
LoadError: LoadError: could not open file /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/ZipFile/p60bh/deps/deps.jl
Stacktrace:

[1] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[2] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[3] include at ./sysimg.jl:29 [inlined]
[4] include(::String) at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/ZipFile/p60bh/src/Zlib.jl:26
[5] top-level scope at none:0
[6] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[7] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[8] include at ./sysimg.jl:29 [inlined]
[9] include(::String) at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/ZipFile/p60bh/src/ZipFile.jl:36
[10] top-level scope at none:0
[11] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[12] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[13] include(::Module, ::String) at ./sysimg.jl:29
[14] top-level scope at none:2
[15] eval at ./boot.jl:319 [inlined]
[16] eval(::Expr) at ./client.jl:389
[17] top-level scope at ./none:3
in expression starting at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/ZipFile/p60bh/src/Zlib.jl:50
in expression starting at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/ZipFile/p60bh/src/ZipFile.jl:43
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: LoadError: Failed to precompile ZipFile [a5390f91-8eb1-5f08-bee0-b1d1ffed6cea] to /mnt/juliabox/.julia/compiled/v1.0/ZipFile/cOum2.ji.
Stacktrace:
[1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
[2] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:313 [inlined]
[3] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1184
[4] _require(::Base.PkgId) at ./logging.jl:311
[5] require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:852
[6] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:311 [inlined]
[7] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at ./loading.jl:834
[8] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[9] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[10] include at ./sysimg.jl:29 [inlined]
[11] include(::String) at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/Flux/oN61x/src/data/Data.jl:1
[12] top-level scope at none:0
[13] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[14] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[15] include at ./sysimg.jl:29 [inlined]
[16] include(::String) at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/Flux/oN61x/src/Flux.jl:1
[17] top-level scope at none:0
[18] include at ./boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[19] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1038
[20] include(::Module, ::String) at ./sysimg.jl:29
[21] top-level scope at none:2
[22] eval at ./boot.jl:319 [inlined]
[23] eval(::Expr) at ./client.jl:389
[24] top-level scope at ./none:3
in expression starting at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/Flux/oN61x/src/data/sentiment.jl:3
in expression starting at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/Flux/oN61x/src/data/Data.jl:23
in expression starting at /mnt/juliabox/.julia/packages/Flux/oN61x/src/Flux.jl:35
Failed to precompile Flux [587475ba-b771-5e3f-ad9e-33799f191a9c] to /mnt/juliabox/.julia/compiled/v1.0/Flux/QdkVy.ji.

Stacktrace:
[1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
[2] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:313 [inlined]
[3] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1184
[4] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:311 [inlined]
[5] _require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:941
[6] require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:852
[7] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:311 [inlined]
[8] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at ./loading.jl:834
[9] top-level scope at In[1]:1


#2

I had the same issue in Windows today with loading Flux in Julia 1.1.0. I just went to the packages directory and deleted the ZipFile folder. I then added ZipFile back with the package manager and all was good. There’s probably a more elegant fix but this worked for me.