Error Building Package

I am trying to install LRSLib.jl (from https://github.com/JuliaPolyhedra/LRSLib.jl) on my Debian machine (I mention because the library is not working with Windows).

However, I seem to be running into an issue installing both from the master branch and the latest tagged release (and I would rather not go further back in the tagged releases as there are a laundry list of unsatisfiable requirements with my current package environment). The issue seems to be very similar to this one (although I am a user and not the creator of this package, and it seems to be working on other machines):

https://discourse.julialang.org/t/documenter-systemerror-while-trying-to-read-statistics-jl/23363/1

The error I’m getting is this:

Building Homebrew → `~/.julia/packages/Homebrew/s09IX/deps/build.log`
   Building LRSLib ──→ `~/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/build.log`
┌ Error: Error building `LRSLib`: 
│ [ Info: Changing directory to /home/<username>/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/src/lrslib-d8b723a2c315614979a8354f9e768d273d14a215
│ ERROR: LoadError: IOError: chdir /home/<username>/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/src/lrslib-d8b723a2c315614979a8354f9e768d273d14a215: no such file or directory (ENOENT)
│ Stacktrace:
│  [1] uv_error at ./libuv.jl:97 [inlined]
│  [2] cd(::String) at ./file.jl:84
│  [3] run(::BinDeps.SynchronousStepCollection) at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/BinDeps/ZEval/src/BinDeps.jl:519
│  [4] run(::BinDeps.SynchronousStepCollection) at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/BinDeps/ZEval/src/BinDeps.jl:521
│  [5] satisfy!(::BinDeps.LibraryDependency, ::Array{DataType,1}) at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/BinDeps/ZEval/src/dependencies.jl:944
│  [6] satisfy!(::BinDeps.LibraryDependency) at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/BinDeps/ZEval/src/dependencies.jl:922
│  [7] top-level scope at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/BinDeps/ZEval/src/dependencies.jl:977
│  [8] include(::String) at ./client.jl:457
│  [9] top-level scope at none:5
│ in expression starting at /home/<username>/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/build.jl:109
│ Warning: The compilation of LRS requires the header gmp.h provided by the package libgmp-dev.
│ If the compilation fails, please install it as follows:
│ $ sudo apt-get install libgmp-dev
└ @ Pkg.Operations /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.5/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:94

with I think the important bit being this:

┌ Error: Error building `LRSLib`: 
│ [ Info: Changing directory to /home/<username>/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/src/lrslib-d8b723a2c315614979a8354f9e768d273d14a215
│ ERROR: LoadError: IOError: chdir /home/<username>/.julia/packages/LRSLib/fMJrS/deps/src/lrslib-d8b723a2c315614979a8354f9e768d273d14a215: no such file or directory (ENOENT)

Note that I have run and installed this:

$ sudo apt-get install libgmp-dev

Is there any way I can resolve this on my end?

[Note] I also tried restarting after having installed libgmp-dev and still got the same error

[Note 2] The problem is definitely on my end. I can get it to work out of the box on the Julia MyBinder from Jupyter’s website. I also tried creating a new environment and then adding only this package to that environment, but ran into the same exact issue.

[Note 3] I deleted my .julia folder (after making a backup) and reinstalled the 1.6 beta kernel to Jupyter and still am running into the same issue. This seems like it would undo any problems I had with my current Julia setup, and yet it does not work on my machine but does in LRSLib’s Github CI and mybinder.org.