I’m building some docs locally, and I noticed that I do not have the “source” button appearing when I try to hover over docstrings in the docs. (See below for an image of such “source” buttons).
Does anyone know why I don’t see any of these “source” hover buttons? How might I can locally-build my docs to make sure they appear?
Here are the steps I’m taking.
- Download the repo
- Go to
- Activate the current environment, and instantiate it
- Open up the generated file at
/docs/build/index.htmlin an internet browser (e.g. Firefox)
- Go/navigate to a function docstring
- Try to hover mouse over the function docstring, and see if “source” button appears
Things I’ve tried:
- I even confirmed in the HTML source code of the locally-generated docs pages that I do not have any mention of
docs-sourcelink(the HTML class used for such elements in the docs).
- I’ve updated to
Documenter 0.27.5but still the same behavior.
- Tried to set
prettyurls = trueand rerun making the docs.
- Tried to use
LiveServer.jlto serve the docs on a local web server/port
- Tried to search the Documenter.jl docs/source code for this, but didn’t find anything explaining how to locally build docs
- Replicated the same sort of behavior when I try to locally build docs for Luxor.jl
I’m still not sure why this happens, and how I can build docs locally in a way that I can get the “source” buttons.
Here is an example link from Luxor showing that “source” button:
In that page, you will be able to find the following
docs-sourcelink in the HTML:
<a class="docs-sourcelink" target="_blank" href="https://github.com/JuliaGraphics/Luxor.jl/blob/de73977e3898ac0d221f7e958a1454cb6b00c730/src/basics.jl#L19-L23">source</a>