Deprecation Warnings Not Showing

I am upgrading a package to Julia 0.6.2, and I noticed deprecation warnings in the Travis logs that are not present when I run the tests locally.

The output from the local run (both stdout and errout) is here, and the output from the Travis log is here. The deprecation warning on line 480 of the Travis log does not appear in the output for the local run.

The output from `versioninfo()’ is

Julia Version 0.6.2
Commit d386e40* (2017-12-13 18:08 UTC)
Platform Info:
  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  BLAS: libopenblas (USE64BITINT DYNAMIC_ARCH NO_AFFINITY Prescott)
  LAPACK: libopenblas64_
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-3.9.1 (ORCJIT, broadwell)

and shows the versions of Julia on Travis and my local machine are exactly the same. I’m rather stumped as to what would cause this. The package can be found here, using the upgrade_0.6 branch.

A lot of warnings only come up while precompiling a module. Perhaps that’s the issue?

Although if you’re making changes, it should be recompiling, so you ought to see deprecation warnings for using type instead of mutable struct when using ODLCommonTools for the first time after making changes, as an example: https://github.com/OptimalDesignLab/ODLCommonTools.jl/blob/f3e15b6a724c71a7bc336462a3054c02c6fdd924/src/types.jl

You’re right, deleting the .ji files caused the the deprecation warnings to be printed the when the module was precompiled again.

Thanks for the quick response,
Jared Crean