Dependencies error in packages

I have two packages. SchumakerSpline and UnivariateFunctions. In building Univariate Functions it passes build on my computer and Travis CI but fails on JuliaCIBot with the error message:

ERROR: LoadError: ArgumentError: Package UnivariateFunctions does not have SchumakerSpline in its dependencies:

• If you have UnivariateFunctions checked out for development and have
    added SchumakerSpline as a dependency but haven’t updated your primary
    environment’s manifest file, try Pkg.resolve().
  • Otherwise you may need to report an issue with UnivariateFunctions

I have SchumakerSpline as a dependency in the following files: REQUIRE, Project.toml and Manifest.toml. What am I missing here? How do I fix it?

https://github.com/s-baumann/SchumakerSpline.jl/blob/7abfc4e7adaed25c8243210de56472a089f35264/Project.toml#L3

and

https://github.com/s-baumann/UnivariateFunctions.jl/blob/0e20f3bb31b54f981098f2c528c7dd2674b2dc42/Project.toml#L8

doesn’t seem to match

1 Like

Use "65e68595-3a03-5ff5-a6a2-f05fa774f32e" in SchumakerSpline.jl/Project.toml at 7abfc4e7adaed25c8243210de56472a089f35264 · s-baumann/SchumakerSpline.jl · GitHub should fix it.

Thanks, This makes alot of sense but every time I go add SchumakerSpline to a package in the REPL I get the UUID ending 32e. This is also the UUID in my .julia\environments\v1.0\Project.toml file.
I have deleted this Project.toml and the corresponding manifest and all packages but it is still getting this incorrect toml in the computer’s environment tomls when adding SchumakerSpline. This is despite the SchumakerSpline in the .julia\packages\SchumakerSpline\wWjzb having tomls with the correct UUID ending e72.
Any idea of how this mismatch might be coming from and how to stop it?

I have found the origin of the UUID. It is here General/Package.toml at master · JuliaRegistries/General · GitHub
I think there is an official UUID for every package here.
I guess that now I convert everything to match the official UUIDs here.
Thanks everyone for the advice on this.

Also see Pkg.METADATA_compatible_uuid.

1 Like