CxxWrap: building a module for Windows with Cygwin and MingW?

I am building a library for Kerberos integration, using CxxWrap to expose some functionality to Julia. This works fine on Linux, but on Windows I’m struggling to get the right toolchain. IIUC - in order to avoid having to compile libcxxwrap-julia on the user side (this lib is meant to be distributed widely), I should compile with a GCC-compatible compiler. On Windows, though, I generally use VS.

I’m aware this might only slightly be Julia related, but I’ve been trying to set-up Cygwin and mingw32, which I believe is what CxxWrap is using, but then I have small issues with the Windows-specific part of the build.

Specifically,

src/cpp/dsg-kerberos/windows/kerberossspi.h:31:74: error: ‘SecPkgContext_Bindings’ has not been declared
   31 | INT auth_sspi_client_step(sspi_client_state *state, SEC_CHAR *challenge, SecPkgContext_Bindings *sec_pkg_context_bindings);

even though sspi,h is included. I must admit I’m fairy new at compiling for Windows.

Happy to go down the rabbit hole, but
[A] I’m wondering if this is the right path?
[B] Perhaps someone has a quick idea!

I’m using Julia 1.5.3. I’m using Cygwin with CMake and Ninja, and mingw x64_86 compilers installed. The code works fine with GCC on Linux and with Visual Studio on Windows (but with VS I can’t use it with the julia wrapper).

Turns out this was even more unrelated than I thought. I did get it working with mingw64, but it includes an sspi.h that is less complete than Visual Studio’s, so some of the functionality is not supported.