Julia Computing is seeking a Compiler and Run-time System Engineer to contribute to the core technology in the Julia programming language. You will work closely with maintainers of the Julia open-source project on implementing new compiler optimizations and static analyses, and performance engineering of our compiler and libraries.
Required skills and experience
- Programming in C and C++
- Some knowledge of compiler concepts such as type systems, code representations (e.g. SSA form), and program transformations
Desirable skills and experience
- LLVM or MLIR
- Programming in Julia
- Familiarity with functional languages such as ML or Lisp/Scheme
- Array programming and numerical computing / machine learning
- Programming language run-time system development, e.g. garbage collectors and threading systems
- Knowledge of operating system concepts
- Familiarity with git and open-source development
We anticipate that qualifying applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, with coursework including programming languages, but this is not a strict requirement.
Most of our compiler team works out of our Boston-area office, so presence in that location is desirable but remote is ok.
View job posting and apply here: