Cdf of multivariate normal in distributions.jl

I’m trying to use the cdf of a multivariate normal distribution using Distributions.jl.
While

d = Normal(0,1)
d2 = MvNormal([0.;0.], [1. 0.;0. 1.])
x = [1. ; 2.]
e1 = cdf(d,x[1])
e2 = cdf(d,x[2])

works (as long as the mean vector and the var-cov matrix for the multivariate normal are Floats ), I get an error whenever I write
e3 = cdf(d2,x)
Here is the error message:

ERROR: MethodError: no method matching cdf(::Distributions.MvNormal{Float64,PDMats.PDMat{Float64,Array{Float64,2}},Array{Float64,1}}, ::Array{Float64,1})
Closest candidates are:
  cdf(::Distributions.Distribution{Distributions.Univariate,S<:Distributions.ValueSupport}, ::AbstractArray{T,N}) at /Applications/JuliaPro-0.5.1.1.app/Contents/Resources/pkgs-0.5.1.1/v0.5/Distributions/src/univariates.jl:205

Does the cdf function support multivariate distributions? I couldn’t find anything on this in the documentation of Distributions.jl.

No, there is not a cdf for the multivariate normal. Generally, it is a slightly complicated computation. We have some code evaluating the bi- and trivariate case but it hasn’t been used for a long time. For some time, I’ve wanted a dedicated package for multivariate distributions that would be using StaticArrays for storage. The cdf code for fit well in such a package.

That’s a shame. We really should have something in Julia for this. I’ll work around it using PyCall for the time being.

Are you mainly interested in 2D and 3D or higher dimensions? Do you know how higher dimensions are handled in Python?

My interest is currently for 2D. I have no idea how higher dimensions are handled in Python right now but hopefully I’ll learn a little bit about it in the next few days.

If you are interested in spending a little time on it, we could probably get the 2D Julia version working again. If we do it with StaticArrays it will also be extremely fast.

Hello,
I am also interested in a julia version for the cdf for 2D normal. I might be able to spend a bit time on this, but where can I find the version that exists already? I am not familiar with StaticArrays though, but I can certainly give it a try.
Thanks!

It is here https://github.com/JuliaStats/StatsFuns.jl/blob/e21bc26b1773aeb86bc8df4832db9c371d09ba2b/src/tvpack.jl#L338