Bushes instead of text

I have this simple (or so I thought) code in which I wanted to generate random texts in files:
z = [“b”, “5”, “x”]
for k in 1:10
how much = rand(3:50)
filename = “job1_$k.txt”
file = open(filename, “in”)
for i in 1: how much
number_in = rand(1:8)
line = [z[rand(1:3)] for j in 1:number_w]
println(file, join(line, " "))
end
close(file)
end

most files are ok, e.g.:
b 5 b
x 5 b

but some of them are some bushes:
Image may contain: text that does not contain any information. ⁸‵‵ਵ⁢‵⁢⁢⁸⁢⁢ Image may contain: text that does not contain any information. More Image ⁢⁢⁢⁢ਵ

Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it?

Regards
qqś

Please, revise your post according to

The code you posted is not a valid julia code: julia does not allow spaces in variable names. Also, if you intended to submit some images, they are not rendered.

1 Like

ok, sorry

I have this simple (or so I thought) code in which I wanted to generate random texts in files:
z = [“b”, “5”, “x”]
for k in 1:10
ile = rand(3:50)
filename = “zadanie1_$k.txt”
file = open(filename, “w”)
for i in 1:ile
ile_w = rand(1:8)
wiersz = [z[rand(1:3)] for j in 1:ile_w]
println(file, join(wiersz, " "))
end
close(file)
end

most files are ok, e.g.:
b 5 b
x 5 b

but some of them are some bushes:

⁸‵⁸⁢‵ਵ੢‵⁢⁸‵‵‵‵੢‵‵⁸⁢ਵ‵⁸⁸‵⁸⁢ਵ⁸⁢‵ਵ‵ਵ੢‵੸‵‵੸⁸‵⁸‵‵ਵ⁢‵⁢⁢⁸⁢⁢੸⁢⁸‵ਵ⁸⁢⁢੸‵‵⁢੸‵⁢⁢⁸‵‵‵ਵ‵⁢੢⁢‵⁸੸⁢⁸‵⁸‵ਵ‵੢੸‵⁢⁸⁢ਵਵ੸⁸੸⁸⁸‵ਵ⁸‵⁢⁢੸‵‵⁢‵⁸⁸‵੢‵‵⁸੢⁢‵‵⁢‵ਵ‵⁸⁢⁸ਵ⁢‵⁢⁢⁢‵⁢੸⁢‵੸⁸‵੸੢੢‵⁢⁢⁢⁢ਵ

czy ktoś wie, dlaczego się tak dzieje i jak temu zapobiec?

Pozdrawiam
qqś

This are unicode characters that are not present in the character set that your terminal is using. Are you using Windows? If so, please install Windows Terminal: Windows Terminal installation | Microsoft Learn

That might already help. If it doesn’t help you might have to install and use an extra font.

Finally, if you share code, please enclose it in triple back ticks, like this: ```

Update: I see you are creating random characters… Well, not are values are defined, so this is to be expected… You must limit the characters to valid values, for example letters and digits…

OP is not generating random code points, but rather trying to generate random samplings from ["b", "5", "x"]. I don’t see the bug. My wild gueses are that maybe multiple processes are writing to files simultaneously causing corruption, or some external code displaying the contents is not using the proper UTF-8 encoding.