I got quite far, but am stuck. What I have done up to this point:
- Installed the build tools. Did git clone and then checked out checkout tag v1.1.0.
- Did “make” and then “make binary-dist”.
- On “make binary-dist”, ran out of memory building LLVM (was using 8GB swap file)
- readme.arm.md suggests manually downloading the LLVM 3.0.9 binaries and updating Make.user.
- did “make cleanall” and starting over with “make”, but that fails when linking LLVM
- See in release notes that v1.1.0 uses LLVM 6.0.1 so downloaded that: http://llvm.org/releases/6.0.1/clang+llvm-6.0.1-armv7a-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz
- Did “make cleanall” and “make”
- Still failed with:
g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wcovered-switch-default’; did you mean ‘-Wno-switch-default’? g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wstring-conversion’; did you mean ‘-Wint-conversion’? Makefile:145: recipe for target 'APInt-C.o' failed
Currently my Make.User has:
USECCACHE=1 JULIA_CPU_TARGET=cortex-a7 override USE_SYSTEM_LLVM=1 LLVM_CONFIG=/home/pi/Develop/clang+llvm-6.0.1-armv7a-linux-gnueabihf/bin/llvm-config
Any suggestions how to get this to build?