Below are a list of questions I am constantly searching for answers to on Google when coding in Julia. What is the best and fastest way to answer each?
- What is the syntax for this function?
- What output should I expect from this function?
- Do my function inputs need to be a certain type (multiple arguments, a tuple, or a vector)?
- What does the source code of this function look like?
- What functions are available in this package?
- What is the website for documentation and tutorials on this package?
- Where is the webpage for documentation on this particular function?
I know about
? in the REPL already, but I find it difficult to scroll up through all the plain text in that small window of my IDE to pinpoint precisely what I am looking for. I can usually find the information faster by searching StackOverflow. I think I am spoiled by Matlab’s doc function which opens all the information you could possibly want in your web browser. The syntax and methods are listed at the top for quick reference and hyperlinked to more detailed explanations and examples further down (e.g. max). I find Matlab’s approach to be very efficient and would love to see it copied by Julia. But in the meantime, what is the current approach?