Arpeggeo + Algora: funding contributors of the GeoStats.jl framework

At Arpeggeo® we are starting an experimental initiative to attract more contributors to the Julia community. In partnership with algora.io, we are introducing open-source bounties to the GeoStats.jl framework.

If you are a freelancer, or just want to make some extra cash besides your main job, look for open issues with the Bounty label on the JuliaEarth organization on GitHub.

Here is a first easy one to get used to the Algora workflow:

The Algora founders gave us a 1 month trial to see if Julia developers will join the platform. Hope we can make it happen!

Please let me know if you have questions. I am also learning the platform to support you.

8 Likes

Example of a completed issue with bounty payment:

As a contributor you just need to create a PR and write /claim #1790 to get the payment after the PR is accepted by maintainers.

You can also find the list of open bounties here:

https://console.algora.io/org/JuliaEarth

Is there any record of who is working on what, so I don’t step on someone’s toes? Maybe just the correspondences on the GitHub issues? Or is this just the wild west of bounty hunting?

1 Like

Hi @kapple ! You can see who already submitted attempts in the algora dashboard I linked above.

The one in GeoArtifacts.jl is almost concluded. Try the other ones :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like