Today, I would like to announce a new package LoggingFacilities.jl. It’s somewhat experimental at the moment but I would like to hear any feedbacks/thoughts.
What is it?
I love LoggingExtras.jl because it gives me the ability to compose loggers easily. One of the most powerful feature is TransformerLogger, for which one can take a log record and transform it however you want.
Building on top of that, LoggingFacilities.jl provides additional ammunition to do transformations easily. For examples:
- Inject a string at the beginning (or end) of the message string
- Migrate the kwargs by appending them to the message string
- Migrate log level or message string to the kwargs (useful for JSON logging)
Batteries included ™
Broadly speaking, two batteries are included:
- A standard API to perform transformations (inject, migrate, mutate, and remove)
- A set of common transformer loggers e.g. OneLine, JSON, Timestamp, etc.
An invitation to try out!
Please go ahead and take a look at the repo. Try if out if you want to produce better logs for your processes. Any bugs… just file an issue.