[ANN] LightGraphs v1.0.0

package
lightgraphs

#1

On the heels of Julia 1.0, I am very pleased to announce that we have released LightGraphs v1.0.0, our first major version.

Release notes may be found here, and the documentation has been updated to reflect the current version.

Of particular significance: parallel versions of algorithms have been moved to a LightGraphs.Parallel module and have been named to mirror their serial counterparts (that is, Parallel.dijkstra_shortest_paths is the parallel implementation of dijkstra_shortest_paths).

In addition, a new Experimental module has been created, where new code and ideas can be explored without requiring a major version number change.

As always, please file issues for any bugs you encounter. Thanks to this great community for its continued support of our project.


#2

Whoohoo!

My current setup:


#3

Great news @sbromberger, thank you. Unfortunately, I was unable to install on Julia 1.0:

julia> using LightGraphs
[ Info: Precompiling LightGraphs [093fc24a-ae57-5d10-9952-331d41423f4d]
ERROR: LoadError: No deps.jl file could be found. Please try running Pkg.build("Arpack").
Currently, the build command might fail when Julia has been built from source
and the recommendation is to use the official binaries from julialang.org.
For more info see https://github.com/JuliaLinearAlgebra/Arpack.jl/issues/5.

Stacktrace:
 [1] top-level scope at C:\Users\Seif\.julia\packages\Arpack\Btbe4\src\Arpack.jl:19
 [2] include at .\boot.jl:317 [inlined]
 [3] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1038
 [4] include(::Module, ::String) at .\sysimg.jl:29
 [5] top-level scope at none:2
 [6] eval at .\boot.jl:319 [inlined]
 [7] eval(::Expr) at .\client.jl:389
 [8] top-level scope at .\none:3
in expression starting at C:\Users\Seif\.julia\packages\Arpack\Btbe4\src\Arpack.jl:16
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile Arpack [7d9fca2a-8960-54d3-9f78-7d1dccf2cb97] to C:\Users\Seif\.julia\compiled\v1.0\Arpack\X5VZL.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] error(::String) at .\error.jl:33
 [2] macro expansion at .\logging.jl:313 [inlined]
 [3] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1184
 [4] _require(::Base.PkgId) at .\logging.jl:311
 [5] require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:852
 [6] macro expansion at .\logging.jl:311 [inlined]
 [7] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:834
 [8] include at .\boot.jl:317 [inlined]
 [9] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1038
 [10] include(::Module, ::String) at .\sysimg.jl:29
 [11] top-level scope at none:2
 [12] eval at .\boot.jl:319 [inlined]
 [13] eval(::Expr) at .\client.jl:389
 [14] top-level scope at .\none:3
in expression starting at C:\Users\Seif\.julia\packages\LightGraphs\RFHA\src\LightGraphs.jl:6
ERROR: Failed to precompile LightGraphs [093fc24a-ae57-5d10-9952-331d41423f4d] to C:\Users\Seif\.julia\compiled\v1.0\LightGraphs\Xm08G.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] error(::String) at .\error.jl:33
 [2] macro expansion at .\logging.jl:313 [inlined]
 [3] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1184
 [4] _require(::Base.PkgId) at .\logging.jl:311
 [5] require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:852
 [6] macro expansion at .\logging.jl:311 [inlined]
 [7] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:834

I can’t figure out what is wrong, I tried to Pkg.build("Arpack") without success.


#4

If you’ve built Julia from source, you’re likely still running into the Arpack issue. We have a note on it at the top of our README.md file but I realize it probably needs to be updated to include 1.0.

In the meantime, use the binary build of Julia and things should work.