[ANN] InteractiveErrors.jl

The new stacktrace printing in Julia 1.6 is great, but sometimes the amount of information printed can become a bit overwhelming and difficult to navigate so I’ve packaged up some code I’ve had locally for a little while into:

which others might find useful too :slight_smile: I’ll let the demo and the README explain the rest:

https://asciinema.org/a/404700

Requires Julia 1.6+ and isn’t registered at the moment.

36 Likes

This looks really cool! One thing I think might be useful would be to integrate this with Cthulhu.jl, which already has functionality similar to this and would allow exploring the optimized and unoptimized IR of function in the backtrace as well.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes I’ve been considering integrating Cthulhu into it somehow, just haven’t come up with a nice approach to doing it yet.

2 Likes

This is really neat!

(Do you plan to register the package?)

1 Like

Thanks, yeah probably will, seems like there’s sufficient interest.

2 Likes

Should be available in General in a couple of days from now.

1 Like

Latest release adds some simple integration for running ascend and descend from Cthulhu as well as JET.report_call on selected method calls from stacktraces.

2 Likes

0.1.4 will be available shortly. It includes optional syntax highlighting for source (courtesy of OhMyREPL), as well as display of method signatures (highlighted, and formatted using JuliaFormatter) for ease of reading. Here’s a nice little example of everything turned on

7 Likes