Analysis of complex surveys in Julia?

Hi! I just wanted to know if someone knows if there’s a package related to the analysis of complex surveys in Julia. If not, this could be a great opportunity for me to learn how to create packages in Julia :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I haven’t seen one.

1 Like

I don’t think one exists either, but I would be happy to guide you if you want to start one. It would be very interesting to find a good design which would allow to work seamlessly with survey data using the DataFrames API, like srvyr does in R based on the survey package.

Even if there was - no reason not to make your own while you learn the language! Would love to see what you come up with.

1 Like

Thank you all for the pointers and encouragement! Also for your disposition in offering guide on how to work this @nalimilan. I’ve been viewing Chris Rackauckas videos on how to develop packages, also Julia documentation. Definitely some pointers to develop this would be great (especially on design).

Reading this in 2022, and just wondering if there have been any updates @jamanrique on your package SurveyAnalysis.jl?

I wrote a post a few hours ago, describing a bunch of things that my collaborators and I have begun, one of these is an early stage survey package, may I point you to Pushing Julia/statistics development