An error related to JuMP and Clp: symbol lookup error: /home/paalon/.julia/packages/Clp/GpVOR/deps/usr/lib/libClp.so: undefined symbol: dgetrf_

I randomly encounter the following error only in Linux (Mac doesn’t show this error) when I try to solve a linear programming by JuMP and Clp:

julia: symbol lookup error: /home/paalon/.julia/packages/Clp/GpVOR/deps/usr/lib/libClp.so: undefined symbol: dgetrf_

The versions of Julia and packages are:

• Julia v1.0.3
  • JuMP v0.18.5+ #a1d333e
  • Clp v0.6.0

I cannot understand the meaning of this error and I fail to determine the reason why this error occurs randomly. Does anyone have any information?

I just ran into this crash today. I’m mostly lost as well but I can say that JuMP has nothing todo with it. Also I can reliably reproduce it, although it takes in the order of 20 minutes to get there. Running under gdb didn’t give me a backtrace (“no stack”). I’ll see if I can isolate the last call into Clp and see if that’s sufficient to reproduce the crash on its own.

It was sufficient. Now I can get the crash in a few minutes from

using MathProgBase.SolverInterface, Clp, JLD2, SparseArrays
@load "clpcrash.jld2" data
model = LinearQuadraticModel(ClpSolver())
loadproblem!(model, data...)
optimize!(model)

with a 28 MB data file.

Reported as Crash from missing symbol · Issue #51 · jump-dev/Clp.jl · GitHub.

1 Like

Fixed in Fix BinaryBuilder static linking in Linux by juan-pablo-vielma · Pull Request #52 · jump-dev/Clp.jl · GitHub.