Alternative way to install Jump

Hello. I tried to install jump with:

Pkg.add(“JuMP”)

and received:

WARNING: Pkg only works with git versions greater than v1.7.3
INFO: Initializing package repository /home/leopoldo/.julia/v0.3
INFO: Cloning METADATA from git://github.com/JuliaLang/METADATA.jl
INFO: Cloning cache of ArrayViews from GitHub - JuliaArrays/ArrayViews.jl: A Julia package to explore a new system of array views
error: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received. while accessing https://github.com/JuliaArrays/ArrayViews.jl.git/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed

So there is an alternative way to install it?

It looks like you are using a very(!!) old version of Julia.

Install a recent version: Download Julia

1 Like

Hi. If I am not mistaken, the one I use, is the newest one that will work on my system. The 1.5.2 and 1.0.5 does not.

The 1.5.2 and 1.0.5 does not.

They both should. What is your system/why do you say they don’t work.

1 Like

Because it doesn’t:

./julia
./julia: /lib32/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/../lib/julia/libLLVM-6.0.so) ./julia: /lib32/libpthread.so.0: version GLIBC_2.12’ not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/…/lib/julia/libLLVM-6.0.so)
./julia: /lib32/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/../lib/julia/libstdc++.so.6) ./julia: /lib32/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.16’ not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/…/lib/julia/libstdc++.so.6)
./julia: /lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17’ not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/…/lib/julia/libstdc++.so.6)

or:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glibc-2.17-32bit/lib/ ./julia
./julia: /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glibc-2.17-32bit/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18’ not found (required by /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/julia-1.0.5/bin/…/lib/julia/libstdc++.so.6)

What platform is this, and how did you install Julia?

Here is the list of supported platforms:

Here are more installation instructions

Is there an alternative way to get jump or not? If not, I will try a newer Julia.

The only supported ways to install JuMP are via import Pkg; Pkg.add("JuMP") on Julia 1.0 (the current Long-Term Support version), or on Julia 1.5 (the most-recent version).