ADD IJulia installation: Julia 1.1 failed, 1.0.3 works

I can only report that on windows 10 with Julia 1.1.0 (2019-01-21)
ZMQ v1.0.0
MbedTLS v0.6.7
add and build OK for me. I guess that won’t make you happy!

Regarding Windows 8.1 maybe the bug there is an aspect of 8.1

Look here please. Looks like there has been an update in the last 24 hours.

I suggest going into the pkg> prompt then
remove MbedTLS
remove ZMQ

add MbedTLS
add ZMQ

Maybe you hit a short slot where the package was not available for download.

I am running Julia 1.1.0 (2019-01-21) on Windows 10, with the same package versions as you have…

It is a bit frustrating now

Could you try to download this file using a web browser?
ALsi in Powershell on windows have you set your git proxy? You must have, or you would nto be able to download any packages at all!

I will try! I do not know what git proxy is though

My bad. If you are on a network behidn a proxy server you need to set the http proxy which Git will use. Please forget what I said.

This did not work either, still getting the same errors. Thank you for trying :slight_smile: Is it perhaps an error, or is it likely just my computer i have messed something up with?

Update: So i got it to work after reinstalling Julia. I still have no clue as to why it works now and didn’t earlier.

I have been researching this issue also on Version 1.0.3 (2018-12-18) Julia pro on Windows 10. After reinstall no luck, not sure what is causing this error.

Something about this line on 22 it does not like?
line 22> tran_rpt = CSV.read(“$master_directory”“$input_path”“$tran_rpt_file”)

ERROR: LoadError: IOError: stat: invalid argument (EINVAL)
Stacktrace:
[1] stat(::String) at .\stat.jl:68
[2] isfile at .\stat.jl:303 [inlined]
[3] #File#1(::Int64, ::Bool, ::Int64, ::Nothing, ::Int64, ::Nothing, ::Bool, ::Nothing, ::Bool, ::Array{String,1}, ::String, ::String, ::Bool, ::Char, ::Nothing, ::Nothing, ::Char, ::Nothing, ::Nothing, ::Nothing, ::Nothing, ::Nothing, ::Dict{Type,Type}, ::Symbol, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Type, ::String) at C:\Users\lmathews.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.0.3.1\packages\CSV\eWuJV\src\CSV.jl:135 [4] Type at C:\Users\lmathews.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.0.3.1\packages\CSV\eWuJV\src\CSV.jl:135 [inlined]
[5] #read#105(::Bool, ::Dict{Int64,Function}, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::String, ::Type) at C:\Users\lmathews.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.0.3.1\packages\CSV\eWuJV\src\CSV.jl:310 [6] read at C:\Users\lmathews.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.0.3.1\packages\CSV\eWuJV\src\CSV.jl:300 [inlined] (repeats 2 times)
[7] top-level scope at none:0
[8] include at .\boot.jl:317 [inlined]
[9] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1044
[10] include(::Module, ::String) at .\sysimg.jl:29
[11] include(::String) at .\client.jl:392
[12] top-level scope at none:0
in expression starting at C:\Users\lmathews\Desktop\homeaccess\blood\code\blood_merge_v1.jl:22

I had the same error. I downloaded the archives, put it in the path and building ZMQ again. It just works fine.

This solves my problems with the dead kernel on jupyter notebooks.

Recently I have faced an issue while building MbedTLS on my windows system and Julia 1.1.0. It was taking lot of time to build MBedTLS and still not build it. I noticed that the path of “https://github.com/JuliaWeb/MbedTLSBuilder/releases/download/v0.17.0/MbedTLS.v2.16.0.x86_64-w64-mingw32.tar.gz” is not the correct path and it was taking lot of time to download even a 1.6MB tar.gz file. The files are there in “releases” folder so I manually went to this location and downloaded the file to “….julia\packages\MbedTLS\XkQiX\deps\usr\downloads” folder. After the build of MBedTLS was quick.
I don’t know why the path of “MbedTLS.v2.16.0.x86_64-w64-mingw32.tar.gz” used by the package is different from where it is located on the web.

Seems like I have been here before. A project with a lot of potential, but the config is left behind the goal of nice new features. I have been monkeying around with 1.1+ for a few weeks now with nothing but the same issues as everyone else on this thread. Please, stop with the “bushmeat” builds and get us back to some sanity. Happily JuliaBox seems to still be working at 1.0.3.

1 Like