About Package installation

question
package

I am using NLOptControl for my simulation. Why can’t i install it through Pkg.add(), and I can install it by using Pkg.add(PackageSpec(url="")) but i still can’t use the package by typing using NLOptControl, it said that there’s extra token OCP and faiked to precompile

Can you please post the actual code you ran and the full error message? Without at least that information there’s almost nothing we can do to help you.

(v1) pkg> add NLOptControl
 Resolving package versions...
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package NLOptControl [290757bd]:
 NLOptControl [290757bd] log:
 ├─possible versions are: 0.1.2-0.1.6 or uninstalled
 ├─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 0.1.2-0.1.6
 └─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled — no versions left

The restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled — no versions left part means that the package does not support Julia v1.

I have tried to use julia 0.7.0. I can install the package now, but when I typed using NLOptControl
LoadError: Failed to precompile NLOptControl [290757bd-39a7-5095-97bb-ca0f46959724] to C:\Users\微星.julia\compiled\v0.7\NLOptControl\Ua2jx.ji.

in expression starting at C:\Users\微星\Desktop\UM_WINTER\julia\YSY\compiler.jl:1

macro expansion at logging.jl:313 [inlined]

compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at loading.jl:1185

macro expansion at logging.jl:311 [inlined]

_require(::Base.PkgId) at loading.jl:941

require(::Base.PkgId) at loading.jl:852

macro expansion at logging.jl:311 [inlined]

require(::Module, ::Symbol) at loading.jl:834

Yes . That is the exact problem i am having! Is there any way to fix it ?

So I might use julia0.7.0?

Sorry @johnysy — I approved those posts in the wrong order. Now that you’ve posted more than twice you won’t hit the moderation queue anymore.