A Julia library comparable to pysimplegui (simple graphical user interface)

Hello,

I wonder if a Julia library comparable to pysimplegui exists.
I’m looking for a “pure” Julia solution… ie not using PyCall.

Kind regards

PS : repository GitHub - PySimpleGUI/PySimpleGUI: Launched in 2018. It's 2022 and PySimpleGUI is actively developed & supported. Create complex windows simply. Supports tkinter, Qt, WxPython, Remi (in browser). Create GUI applications trivially with a full set of widgets. Multi-Window applications are also simple. 3.4 to 3.11 supported. 325+ Demo programs & Cookbook for rapid start. Extensive documentation. Examples for Machine Learning(OpenCV Integration, Chatterbot), Rainmeter-like Desktop Widgets, Matplotlib + Pyplot integration, add GUI to command line scripts, PDF & Image Viewer. For both beginning and advanced programmers. docs - PySimpleGUI.org GitHub - PySimpleGUI.com. The Minecraft of GUIs - simple to complex... does them all.

What features are you looking for that aren’t present in e.g. Gtk.jl?

1 Like

Same code to use several backends… tkinter, Qt, wxWidgets, Browser UI.
Quite simple API but that’s a personal taste not a feature

I’m quite confident such a thing doesn’t exist. If you’re interested in writing one yourself, wrapping IUP wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

I’d also encourage you to think carefully about whether you really need the code to use multiple GUI platforms; Gtk is already natively multi-platform, and looking at the code example on the front page of PySimpleGUI, writing simple GUIs with Gtk.jl doesn’t seem any more complex.

There’s GitHub - joa-quim/IUP.jl: Julia interface to IUP windowing toolkit, but it seems to be out of date.

1 Like

I recommend you to check ClmGui, I personally have not used it, but it seems very nice.

2 Likes

Yes, the lack of original good enough documentation made me give up. Also, as already mentioned in other thread on this, I had put my hopes in Libui but this (the Libui C library) also has been stalled for long, though seems to show signs of waking up (by users pressure).

1 Like