"Why I no longer recommend Julia" at JuliaCon 2022?

I really like the idea of the sprint and also the general spirit of what @matthias314 is suggesting (which I think is to foster solutions around the problems/discussed in that discussion post).
If we could condense the biggest issues identified around this post into actionable points that could be addressed in a session like you said Logan where we have “the right people in the same room” alongside those willing to dive into addressing some issues, this could be a really productive time.
But I think it needs a bit of prior structuring to make sure it doesn’t devolve into a conversation about what should be done versus getting things done (where I am much more interested in the latter).
I agree with you that the post verified we all care and want to be engaged on solving these issues - I think getting right folks together could be a powerful move.
What do you think @logankilpatrick ?

P.S. Additionally, another discussion formed from Yuri’s post called, “How to know if a package is good?” which I think could be also good to tackle as it has other issues that are a bit less technical - thinking about how we could potentially get members of all skill levels involved.
But I am not sure if this is conflating what @matthias314 originally intended so I count this lower priority.

3 Likes