What makes a language reach the "petaflop" mark?

@Palli My assumption is that the lack of replies might indicate that the quoted paper is really good, also for Julia, however, this is nothing more than just my assumption. This is not my area of expertise and even though I always liked computers, some of the topics covered there I understand in general and sometimes even in a very general scope thus I allowed myself to mention two persons, with whom, I had a pleasure to be somehow in touch here and whose knowledge and opinions I value.

To sum up my part (again), my interest associated with this particular topic is related to a project that I am currently taking into a consideration. I wrote some info about it here: [Julia's biggest success[es] so far? - #8 by j_u]. Just reached some milestones associated with very preliminary coding and with project involvement in external programs. I rarely put this kind of info publicly (if at all), however, based on my judgement, as for this stage, the project looks really good. I enjoyed the time spent at the forum so far and I have seen recently a few threads on similar topics related to new undertakings, so I decided to write about it (also here) with a hope that it might be to somebody’s interest. I would be happy to discuss and potentially to extend the team.

As a side note, it’s always interesting to read the thread started by my (virtual) friend @Imiq, however, I have to admit, that it is somehow surprising and rather unusual for him to abandon it without notice at such an early stage … :- )