VSCode jupyter notebook + webIO issues?

Hi,

I’ve been using the jupyter with Julia for data analysis in VS code for quite some time now. However recently I got the request to make a GUI to visualize the data, so most obvious choice for me was Interact.jl and Blink.jl and then package and distribute to collegues. However all being based on WebIO, you need the extension to run in a jupyter notebook/lab. I followed the documentation in this case, with these extensions installed, it seems to be working fine in jupyter notebook and jupyter lab but not in VScode?

I check the settings in VScode and I’m starting my server from my root python environment (I also installed WebIO python requirements here). Did anyone else encounter problems like this? Can it be done?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

Same problem here. VSCode doesn’t find the WebIO extension. But it is installed and working in “vanilla” notebook.

I’m having the same problem.

Exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

WebIO isn’t supported in VS Code notebooks.

3 Likes

Do you know if there are plans for this support?

There are not.

if not, do we have any alternatives?

Sure, use WebIO like you would use it for a normal webpage and display that in the notebook.

I mean an interactive interface that can be used in VS Code

That will give you an interactive interface.

I would love to use VS Code

Don’t understand how to do what you are saying. Can’t even get WebIO installed to use with VS Code Notebooks.

Thanks.

In my projects, I often switch to JSServe.jl. It works in VS Code as well.

2 Likes