Useful bug report without compiler?

I am very much enjoying learning about Julia. However, I have run into a problem.

When I try to profile my code, I end up with a

Please submit a bug report with steps to reproduce this fault, and any error messages that follow (in their entirety). Thanks.
Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x7ff96db6bc62 – RtlVirtualUnwind at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll (unknown line)

However, the instructions for submitting a bug report request that you use the debug build and report a backtrace. I don’t have a compiler on this computer, so that is difficult for me. Is it worth submitting a bug report anyway?

Also, I’m not sure if this should go in usage or development .

1 Like

I believe this has been reported, see: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/17386

I’m not sure if that is supposed to have been fixed since 0.5, but it would be helpful if you could test your code, or the example in the link above, on a recent nightly or 0.6-alpha.

Duh! I had previously seen the nightlies, but hadn’t thought to use them here! I’ll do that and report back.

I don’t think anything has changed about this. These are usually sensitive to details so they can appear and disappear with seemingly irrelavant changes but I don’t think the issue is fixed.

1 Like