According to Registrator.jl#287 and Pkg.jl#1422 merged pull requests, several packages can now be organized as subdirectories of a single repo. However, I have not been able to found any detailed docs, which would explain how to use this new functionality. As a result, I would like to ask a number of questions here, on discourse.
- How are the subdirectories supposed to be organized? Must each of the subdirectories have the normal package structure with Project.toml, Manifest.toml, ./src, ./test, ./docs etc.?
- Is it possible to have shared docs or tests for the packages in subdirectories?
- If the packages in subdirectories depend on each other, how imports should be organized?
- Does subdirectory need to be registered so that other packages can use it?
- How does one register a subdirectory package? How does one add a subdirectory package to an active environment?
- Let’s say I want to split some core functionality of a package into a subdirectory: I have SomePackage and I want to split it into subdirectories SomePackageBase and SomePackage. Is it possible to reregister SomePackage so that it points to a subdirectory now?
The help is appreciated.