Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package SpecialFunctions

Hi,
I am an almost complete newbie. I am trying to add the latest SpecialFunctions package (v 1.2.1) but I am stuck at v0.10.3. I realize the package issue is a common question. I am using JuliaPro Version 1.5.3 (2020-11-09)

After getting the error messages you see below, I tried to remove and add the specific version to no avail.

Below is how it looks like.

julia> Pkg.rm("SpecialFunctions")
Updating `C:\Users\AiSara Designer\.julia\environments\JuliaPro_v1.5.3-1\Project.toml`
  [276daf66] - SpecialFunctions v0.10.3
No Changes to `C:\Users\AiSara Designer\.julia\environments\JuliaPro_v1.5.3-1\Manifest.toml`

julia> Pkg.add(name="SpecialFunctions", version="1.2.1")
  Resolving package versions...
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package SpecialFunctions [276daf66]:
 SpecialFunctions [276daf66] log:
 ├─possible versions are: [0.7.0-0.7.2, 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.10.0-0.10.3, 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0-1.2.1] or uninstalled
 ├─restricted to versions 1.2.1 by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 1.2.1
 └─restricted by compatibility requirements with DataArrays [0fe7c1db] to versions: [0.7.0-0.7.2, 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.10.0-0.10.3] — no versions left
   └─DataArrays [0fe7c1db] log:
     ├─possible versions are: 0.7.0 or uninstalled
     └─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 0.7.0

How do I fix this? Sounds like I have to remove some explicit requirement.
Thanks in advance.

This tells you that the package DataArrays.jl is a requirement of your project setup and restricts the possible versions of SpecialFunctions.jl. If you really need the newest release of SpecialFunctions.jl, you might consider filing an issue at the repository of DataArrays.jl, asking them to update their version bounds and make a new release.
If you want to use the latest version of SpecialFunctions.jl right now, you need to use it in a project without DataArrays.jl.

1 Like

It looks like DataArrays.jl is deprecated:

THIS PACKAGE IS DEPRECATED with Julia versions above 0.7. Use Array{Union{T, Missing}} instead

Hence, you should probably just follow their recommendation and remove DataArrays.jl from your project.

Thanks. After removing that it appears I need to remove Gadfly as well.
All good now.