Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package DifferentialEquations [0c46a032]

Hi guys,
I have problems running the Differential Equation package although I have used the lines “import Pkg” or “using Pkg” and "Pkg.add(“DIfferentialEquations”). My julia’s current version is 1.6.1. Please help me resolve the below problem.

Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package DifferentialEquations [0c46a032]:
** DifferentialEquations [0c46a032] log:**
** ├─DifferentialEquations [0c46a032] has no known versions!**
** └─restricted to versions 6.17.1 by an explicit requirement — no versions left**

A little bit more information is required, such as whether you are installing in your global environment package or have set up a new environment. I am assuming you are in your global environment. In any case, the error is because you have another package in your environment that is preventing diff eq from installing. Could you let us know the output of st in Pkg mode… Output should be similar to

(@v1.6) pkg> st
      Status `~/.julia/environments/v1.6/Project.toml`

Hi,
it shows this:
(@v1.6) pkg> registry st

Registry Status

[23338594] General (GitHub - JuliaRegistries/General: The official registry of general Julia packages)

I apologize since I am the beginner of Julia.

Just type in st for status of the environment rather than the registry status.

here it is:

(@v1.6) pkg> st
Status ~/.julia/environments/v1.6/Project.toml
[336ed68f] CSV v0.8.5
[a93c6f00] DataFrames v1.1.1
[0c46a032] DifferentialEquations v6.17.1
[7073ff75] IJulia v1.23.2
[91a5bcdd] Plots v1.16.6

Looks like registry corruption. You might need to just remove .julia as the easiest fix.

Registry corruption is really easy to fix! Just do

] registry rm General
] registry add General

or

using Pkg
Pkg.Registry.rm("General")
Pkg.Registry.add("General")

No need to wipe the whole .julia (which risks losing code if they have dev‘d packages).

8 Likes

thank you, everyone. I will try

1 Like