UnitfulAngles Error with Julia 1.0.3?

package

I recently upgraded from Julia 1.0.2 to 1.0.3. I can use UnitfulAngles.jl with 1.0.2, but receive the following error with 1.0.3

It appears that this is an issue with the UnitfulAngles package? Is there a way to ameliorate this or should I stick with v1.0.3?

I haven’t found other threads on this topic, so I’m starting this one.

0 Likes

Check the status of the package manager with

pkg> status
0 Likes

Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my first post: I can’t install/add/build UnitfulAngles with Julia 1.0.3, so it doesn’t appear in the list of packages. I was wondering if UnitfulAngles has been updated

0 Likes

The package is supposed to work in Julia 1. I suggested to check the status of the package manager because perhaps there is a package that for some reason is holding it back

0 Likes

It looks like something is blocking Unitful…?

0 Likes

I can add and use Unitful as well as UnitfulIntegration in 1.0.3. However, I get the noted “Unsatisfiable requirements” error for UnitfulAngles and UnitfulAstro (which depends on UnitfulAngles)

0 Likes

Would be great to see the output of ] status

1 Like

Here are the packages I have installed with 1.0.3. The versions of Unitful and UnitfulIntegration are the same as what I have in 1.0.2.

0 Likes

This isn’t the first time that you’re struggling installing packages in JuliaPro. As explained in the other thread, JuliaPro uses a smaller registry than vanilla Julia. Have you considered switching to non-pro Julia? Another possibility would be to try and use the General registry in JuliaPro, but I’m not sure how to do that

0 Likes

My experience with these packages can’t be unique.

1. PhysicalConstants.jl, which you just referenced, was abandoned before Julia 1.0 was released. adamslc pointed me towards Unitful.
  2. I downloaded the current stable release 1.1.0 - even with the General Registry, the “Unsatisfiable requirements” error is output for UnitfulAngles and UnitfulAstro when I import them
0 Likes

@giordano It sounds like you can add/import UnitfulAngles and/or UnitfulAstro with v1.0.3?

0 Likes

@yakir12 looks like you have to release a new version of UnitfulAngles: https://github.com/JuliaLang/METADATA.jl/pull/19576

1 Like

Ok, you’re right. I’ll fix that today.

0 Likes

Indeed, UnitfulAngles was due an update. Done and done. Made a new release. Everything should work now (or at least once metadata gets updated). Thanks for highlighting this issue!

2 Likes