Unable to install Pyplot package

I am trying to install the pyplot on Julia from jupyterlab on Mac to do some plotting but I always get the following error message:
Updating registry at ~/.julia/registries/General
Updating git-repo https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git
[1mFetching: [========================================>] 100.0 %.0 %
The following package names could not be resolved:

• Pyplot (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

Stacktrace:
[1] pkgerror(::String) at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/Types.jl:112
[2] #ensure_resolved#107(::Bool, ::typeof(Pkg.Types.ensure_resolved), ::Pkg.Types.EnvCache, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/Types.jl:910
[3] #ensure_resolved at ./none:0 [inlined]
[4] #add#25(::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::typeof(Pkg.API.add), ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:94
[5] add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:69 [inlined]
[6] #add#24 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
[7] add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:67 [inlined]
[8] #add#21 at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:65 [inlined]
[9] add at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:65 [inlined]
[10] #add#20(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::typeof(Pkg.API.add), ::String) at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:64
[11] add(::String) at /Users/sabae/buildbot/worker/package_macos64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/API.jl:64
[12] top-level scope at In[1]:100:

I get the same message if I try to install plotly, any idea on how to solve this?

The names are case-sensitive. Try using:

] add PyPlot

Thanks, the process on Plotly persists but I guess it is due to another problem, I’ll use pyplot for the moment.

Hi Luchino:

You may want to check out:

If you accompany the commands you are running with the full error message, someone may have a solution in the Plotly case.

Thanks a lot!