Travis doesn't tell me where an error occurs?

package

I am trying to update my package (https://github.com/hsgg/TwoFAST.jl/tree/next) to Julia-1.0. On my local machine, the tests pass. Hurray! However, on travis I get the following error:

ERROR: MethodError: no method matching getindex(::Nothing, ::String)
Stacktrace:
[1] #build_versions#47(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Base.UUID,1}) at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1045
[2] build_versions at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1034 [inlined]
[3] #instantiate#59(::Nothing, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context) at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:567
[4] instantiate at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:529 [inlined]
[5] #build#53(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:454
[6] build at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:433 [inlined]
[7] build() at /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:428
[8] top-level scope at none:1
The command "julia --color=yes -e "if VERSION < v\"0.7.0-DEV.5183\"; Pkg.clone(pwd()); Pkg.build(\"${JL_PKG}\"); else using Pkg; Pkg.build(); end"" failed and exited with 1 during .

Your build has been stopped.

The full log is at https://travis-ci.org/hsgg/TwoFAST.jl/jobs/461424412.

Where is this error occurring?

Nowhere in my package do I use getindex explicitly. Therefore, I don’t think it is my package.

I am also using the package IncGammaBeta, which I updated to julia-1.0 in a fork (https://github.com/hsgg/IncGammaBeta.jl.git). In that package getindex doesn’t appear either. Also, I can add IncGammaBeta by URL on my local computer with no problem.

Anybody have an idea where else I should look? Do I need to add a toml file to IncGammaBeta?

The error happens in the package manager. I’ll see if I can find out the problem.

It seems like there is a “hanging” package in the Manifest.toml:

[[Dierckx]]
deps = ["BinaryProvider", "Libdl", "Random", "Test"]
git-tree-sha1 = "27a74763c20938a814da26f31a9e8408d16fec44"
uuid = "39dd38d3-220a-591b-8e3c-4c3a8c710a94"
version = "0.4.1"

The project doesn’t have that as a dependency and no other dependencies depend on it. Pkg should never have emitted such a Manifest and seems to get confused right now.

Perhaps try remove that entry.

Dierckx is needed for the tests. Perhaps I am confused how to properly specify that dependency? It is in the Project.toml file of TwoFAST.jl:

[extras]
Dierckx = "39dd38d3-220a-591b-8e3c-4c3a8c710a94"
Test = "8dfed614-e22c-5e08-85e1-65c5234f0b40"

[targets]
test = ["Dierckx", "Test"]

Indeed, removing Dierckx from Manifest.toml does work!

I’m still wondering why Dierckx doesn’t need to be specified anywhere in some Manifest.toml file, but your solution does work. Thank you!

The testing is run in a new environment (i.e. new Project.toml + Manifest.toml) with test dependencies added.

Thanks all!