Transfer ClusteringAPI.jl to JuliaStats

Hi,

I’ve tried to find a JuliaStats org admin on Slack, but was unsuccessful. The GitHub website also doesn’t tell me who to reach out to in private, so I hope someone can see this in this post instead!

I would like to transfer ClusteringAPI.jl to JuliaStats; I think it is better there than in JuliaDynamics. I just finished the interface package and I plan to publish it to the general registry following the discussion of RFC: ClusteringAPI.jl . Can someone in JuliaStats invite me, and once I transfer the package, make a team with that package and give me admin-level access? Or does the JuliaStats org not want to do this?

3 Likes

@ararslan and @nalimilan thoughts?

@Datseris would you like to migrate the package to JuliaML instead? It is probably more productive. We have other packages actively maintained over there, and clustering would be very welcome.

@juliohm thanks, yes, that is probably what I should do. I will need admin access to the repo though, just making sure.

I am really surprised that noone has replied so far. I’ve asked everywhere, slack, here, … It appears like there are no active maintainers in JuliaStats.

1 Like

yes, there a lot of PRs staled on JuliaStats unfortunately…one of mine for example has 6 months: Faster algorithm for ordered sampling with replacement by Tortar · Pull Request #913 · JuliaStats/StatsBase.jl · GitHub

@Datseris I am adding you to JuliaML so that we can advance with these efforts quickly

Another package which I think would be better at a statistics organization is GitHub - JuliaDynamics/StreamSampling.jl: Sampling methods for data streams

:wave: I don’t have org-level admin rights, but I’m maintainer and active on a few repos…