Semi-static website framework?

Hi @nev!

I think best practice is to serve static website files statically with a web-server, and dynamic otherwise. For “semi-static” I guess you separate the two and do both, so I’m not sure you should rule out Franklin for the static part of the website. But I’m not expert, I just wanted to welcome you.

I know Genie likely has the most mindshare (of pure-Julia), and also see (what you could have googled):

Many of those there don’t seem maintained, except for e.g. (those two I’ve seen before, but I wouldn’t know which to recommend, or any), Dance mentions serving static files, which I guess you can always do:

I’m very much believe in Genie and its future, and related projects, so what do you have against it?

I think you’re implying you want a “micro-framework” (Flask-like, what are you currently using in Python using?), not complex (I guess Genie is more complex, claiming fully-featured), as:

You can use Python solutions, and with PyJulia, but also considers using it with PythonCall.jl/JuliaCall. If you do that, then it’s still not clear what will be in Julia, and why are you “writing a blog website in Julia”? I mean not (just) opposed to in another language, but rather reusing something already built?