Seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0230

Hi, I just installed JuliaPro on a new 20.04 LTS Ubuntu system. When I run the Launch_JuliaPro script, I get the following message three times:

../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0230

Other than those messages, it looks OK, but I am reluctant to proceed. Julia itself runs OK in Terminal. Any suggestions?

That error is from Chromium (on which the IDE, either Juno or VSCode is built). System call 230 is clock_nanosleep. My suspicion would be that your system has a newer glibc version than the version of Chromium that this JuliaPro was built with, causing that glibc to use newer sleep system calls that Chromium doesn’t handle. If things otherwise work, I wouldn’t worry about it - it’ll probably get resolved by a Chromium update.

3 Likes

For reference, I was right, new glibc using newer system calls. Here’s the relevant Chromium issue: 1025739 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail. Should get fixed once JuliaPro gets rebuilt with the update.

Thanks, I won’t worry about it then.