Running Machine Learning Experiments with Flux

I’m running some ML experiments to draw certain conclusions about whether my new method works as expected. I would like, so to speak, to run multiple experiments in the same file, as it would otherwise be cumbersome. The idea is to use a syntax similar to what Test offers; however, I don’t want to create a test, I just want to run an experiment and extract statistics from it. Is there any framework for this that I’m unaware of?

The idea would be to have something similar to this but I’m curious if there’s a dedicated package that offers specific functionalities for this purpose.

@testset "vanilla_gan" begin

@testset "Origin N(0,1)" begin

noise_model = Normal(0.0f0, 1.0f0)
        n_samples = 10000

@testset "N(0,1) to N(23,1)" begin
            gen = Chain(Dense(1, 7), elu, Dense(7, 13), elu, Dense(13, 7), elu, Dense(7, 1))
            dscr = Chain(
                Dense(1, 11), elu, Dense(11, 29), elu, Dense(29, 11), elu, Dense(11, 1, σ)
            )
            target_model = Normal(23.0f0, 1.0f0)
            hparams = HyperParamsVanillaGan(;
                data_size=100,
                batch_size=1,
                epochs=1000,
                lr_dscr=1e-4,
                lr_gen=1e-4,
                dscr_steps=5,
                gen_steps=1,
                noise_model=noise_model,
                target_model=target_model,
            )

train_vanilla_gan(dscr, gen, hparams)
           ksd = KSD(noise_model, target_model, n_samples, 20:0.1:25)
            mae = MAE(noise_model, x -> x .+ 23, n_samples)
            mse = MSE(noise_model, x -> x .+ 23, n_sample)
    end

I think that DrWatson.jl can help you to run several experiments by varying the parameters.
Look at the doc of the package to see if it suits your needs.

4 Likes

Also MLFlowClient.jl could probably help for that use case: Tutorial · MLFlowClient.jl

1 Like

A GSoC project in progress provides integration between mlflow (using MLFlowClient.jl) and MLJ, a general ML framework which provides some Flux models (see MLJFlux). I expect a basic release within a month.

2 Likes

As part of this project MLFlowClient.jl has been brought up-to-date with the latest mlflow API.

3 Likes

I’ ve just started using mlflow and found it’ s authentication pretty experimental like [BUG] Security Vulnerability anyone can use /signup · Issue #9448 · mlflow/mlflow · GitHub . Do you know something that does better in authentication/group permission management?