Problem with Julia packages after updating to 1.9

I update my Julia version to 1.9 (previously 1.8.3) and now when I import the following packages

using CSV, DataFrames, Statistics, LinearAlgebra, Plots, SharedArrays, LaTeXStrings, Measures, Interpolations, LsqFit

I get the following error message

ERROR: LoadError: 
ArgumentError: Package AdaptStaticArraysCoreExt does not have Adapt in its dependencies:
- You may have a partially installed environment. Try `Pkg.instantiate()`
  to ensure all packages in the environment are installed.
- Or, if you have AdaptStaticArraysCoreExt checked out for development and have
  added Adapt as a dependency but haven't updated your primary
  environment's manifest file, try `Pkg.resolve()`.
- Otherwise you may need to report an issue with AdaptStaticArraysCoreExt

If I attempt to follow the prompt recommendation, it does not work, and I keep getting the same mistake. Although if I run the using [insert Packages] twice in a row, after the second time it stops giving me the error message and everything works properly. It is just annoying that error message being displayed every time I import the packages.

1 Like

FWIW I’ve been seeing this a lot too

1 Like

Weird, I can’t reproduce this but I get a different error:

[ Info: Precompiling LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt [1bf5f11d-9a0a-5d25-85d0-d1d9a28a239c]
ERROR: LoadError: UndefVarError: `logabssinh` not defined
(...)
in expression starting at stdin:2
┌ Error: Error during loading of extension LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt of LogExpFunctions, use `Base.retry_load_extensions()` to retry.
│   exception =
│    1-element ExceptionStack:
│    Failed to precompile LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt [1bf5f11d-9a0a-5d25-85d0-d1d9a28a239c] 

(...)

[ Info: Precompiling SpecialFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt [9eb7bdd4-e44c-55fc-b9cc-1a32cb715188]
(...)
┌ Error: Error during loading of extension LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt of LogExpFunctions, use `Base.retry_load_extensions()` to retry.
│   exception =
│    Failed to precompile LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt

(...)

[ Info: Precompiling StatsFunsChainRulesCoreExt [d41313fe-2684-5453-9fef-703f5fa397f4]

(...)

│   exception =
│    Failed to precompile LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt

(...)

[ Info: Precompiling DistributionsChainRulesCoreExt [6db1f127-056a-568b-bd49-ae61d42389fa]

(...)

│   exception =
│    Failed to precompile LogExpFunctionsChainRulesCoreExt [1bf5f11d-9a0a-5d25-85d0-d1d9a28a239c]

A bit hard to debug as I can’t reproduce it a second time, even doing this in a temp env and garbage collecting after probably leaves some stuff in the precompile cache.

Which version of Adapt.jl are you using? That should’ve been fixed by Fix StaticArrays extension. by maleadt · Pull Request #62 · JuliaGPU/Adapt.jl · GitHub 4 months ago.

1 Like

Adapt version is 3.6.0 and StaticArrays v0.12.6

What happens if you try and force Adapt 3.6.2? Also, you really should be on StaticArrays v1, that was released like 3 years ago, so that’s a bit confusing. What if you try and force those to upgrade, is there some bad package keeping them back?

Does the error appear in a clean environment? That is:

1. Start julia with julia --startup-file=no

2. Then:

julia> import Pkg; Pkg.activate(temp=true)

julia> using CSV, DataFrames, Statistics, LinearAlgebra, Plots, SharedArrays, LaTeXStrings, Measures, Interpolations, LsqFit

(it doesn’t for me)