Problem registering a new package

I would just use Git directly at this point. The biggest help for me was getting GitKraken to make it easier.

For packages, just go in to each directory which is having updating issues and update your master branch to the remote master branch. It may have “gotten stuck” by you updating something, or sometimes the way dependencies are done can cause this. No biggie.

For METADATA, these days I just do it by hand because PkgDev.publish() never seems to work. I do the following:

• Go to the METADATA folder
  • Make sure you’re on the most current origin/metadata-v2
  • Setup a remote to your METADATA fork (I just use my name since that’s the name/branch) using remote add NAME URL
  • Make a branch
  • Go to the package directory
  • Pkg.register and Pkg.tag
  • Push the tags using either GitKraken’s GUI or git push --tags
  • Go to METADATA, check that you have the registration and tag commits. Check the folders to make sure everything exists (there should now be a folder with your package name and the version)
  • Push this branch to your fork: git push Name/branch or once again, just use GitKraken
  • Setup a PR by either dragging the branch over the remote metadata-v2 branch in GitKraken or if you go to Github there’ll be a button to setup the PR
  • Give a brief description of everything
  • Come back in about 10 minutes to check METADATA’s Travis output. It should end up green. If not, you did something wrong. The error messages are very helpful. Normal errors for me are forgetting to push the tags or when I first registered the repo having left off the .jl.

Since you’ve already done part of this (by using Pkg.publish), you won’t have to do all of it, but these are pretty much the steps so you can see where it went wrong.