Problem in installing FFTW package due to dependancy on MKL_jll

I am trying to run my code on a fresh machine with a fresh install of Julia.
I am trying to install the FFTW package for a code I am trying to run. But when installing it is showing a problem as attached below related to the MKL_jll .

Precompiling project...
  9 dependencies successfully precompiled in 48 seconds. 2 already precompiled.
  1 dependency had output during precompilation:
┌ MKL_jll
│   Downloading artifact: MKL
│  
│  [pid 30681] waiting for IO to finish:
│   Handle type        uv_handle_t->data
│   timer              0xe9add0->0x14bbd1889750
│  This means that a package has started a background task or event source that has not finished running. For precompilation to complete successfully, the event source needs to be closed explicitly. See the developer documentation on fixing precompilation hangs for more help.
│  
│  [pid 30681] waiting for IO to finish:
│   Handle type        uv_handle_t->data
│   timer              0xe9add0->0x14bbd1889750
│  This means that a package has started a background task or event source that has not finished running. For precompilation to complete successfully, the event source needs to be closed explicitly. See the developer documentation on fixing precompilation hangs for more help.
└  

If I proceed regardless, the final output of my code gives an extended error at the end. (This did not happen in my previous installation if Julia in my personal PC)

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimalegl, minimal, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, linuxfb, offscreen, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)
connect: Connection refused
GKS: can't connect to GKS socket application

GKS: Open failed in routine OPEN_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSOP or WSAC in routine ACTIVATE_WS
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimalegl, minimal, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, linuxfb, offscreen, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)
connect: Connection refused
GKS: can't connect to GKS socket application

GKS: Open failed in routine OPEN_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSOP or WSAC in routine ACTIVATE_WS
The rate constant is 4.730253096683553e10

Hi! For the first part, the [pid 30681] waiting for IO to finish: thing is just a warning, but the precompilation was actually successful. This is indicated by the line:

9 dependencies successfully precompiled in 48 seconds. 2 already precompiled.

which would have signaled instead if some packages actually failed to precompile.

For the second part, I’m no expert but your issue seems to come from your installation of Qt, which is a display library and should have nothing to do with MKL or FFT. Maybe try:

sudo apt-get install qt5-default

and see if it helps?

This StackOverflow answer is probably relevant: c++ - from 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin - Stack Overflow

1 Like