Postdoc and Ph.D. openings associated with a Skoltech/MIT project

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for two excellent and motivated Post-doctoral researchers and 2 Ph.D. candidates in the frame of a 3-year joint project between the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Postdoc and Ph.D. positions are within Skoltech (Moscow). No knowledge of the Russian language is required.

The candidates will be part of an interdisciplinary project titled Market Design for Electromobility: New Formulations, Models, and Algorithms led by David Pozo and Janusz Bialek at Skoltech and Munther Dahleh and Mardavij Roozbehani at MIT. The project involves a broad range of activities, including new approaches to market design, modeling, and optimization for electromobility.

Interested Ph.D. candidates, please contact me asap (before July 31, 2020) (Prof. David Pozo).

Interested Post-doctoral candidates should submit documents described below to me, (Prof. David Pozo), no later than August 31, 2020. The tentative starting date will be October/November 2020.

What we request

• We seek candidates with strong competencies in mathematical modeling, optimization, statistical analysis, and market design.

• Medium-advance knowledge of Julia.

• Post-doctoral fellows are expected to possess a Ph.D. or equivalent, preferably in operations research, control or electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, or statistics.

What we offer

• Skoltech offers a competitive compensation package.

• The initial term for the Postdoc positions is for one year, with the possibility of renewal up to 3 years, based on mutual interest.

• The Ph.D. positions are funded for four years term.

• A unique opportunity to work in collaboration between Skoltech and MIT.

What we need from you (for Post-doctoral position only)

• Your CV

• Motivation letter (statement of purpose)

• A research statement (maximum three pages) outlining your view on the main challenges in electromobility and how they should be addressed

• At least two references.

Any inquiries should be directed to me.

Best regards,
David

3 Likes