Personal Finance package?

You know what @piever, falling short on my hopes for a more global solution with linking bank comments to businesses to categories, an awesome solution for now would be:

Having a table with unique (cleaned up) bank comments and associated categories. The table will have two columns, one column for the comments, and one for the categories. The possible values a category can have are finite and come from a list of predefined categories. The initial value of each row in the category column can be missing or a Uncategorized category (whichever). For instance:

+---------------------------------------+------------------------+
|Comment                                |Category                |
+=======================================+========================+
|2018-06-10 ICA SUPERMARKET SODER, MALMO|Expense:Food:Groceires  |
|2018-06-05 SKANETRAFIKEN, MALMO C      |Expense:Transport:Public|

That would be awesome, cause then I can just scroll down the table and choose a fitting category for each bank comment. This table will then be used to create a key to categorize future expenses.

A whole separate discussion might be how to best use this data (say a thousand comment => category pairs) to best automatically categorize never-before-encountered expenses (key words, small variations of the same comment, some other higher order associations, etc).

I’ll open a feature request as well.