PackageCompiler v0.6.5 fails to compile local (non-registered) packages

Hi,

I have trouble compiling packages which are not registered, i.e. not in the central registry, with PackageCompiler v0.6.5. This is independent of whether the packages are added or dev’ed, whether they are added by path or by URL (repo hosted on my own server). The error I get is Package xxx [b7f52ce4-01a9-11ea-34e2-e92954ee28ed] not found in a registry.

I tested several non-registered and registered packages and the behavior seems consistent. Registered packages compile ok (e.g. Example, CSV), non-registered packages throw above error. I also get the same behavior when I put all packages in the default or in a new environment. I can post the full error message if necessary.

Surprisingly, this happens with v0.6.5 but not with branch sd-notomls. With PackageCompiler#sd-notomls all my non-registered packages compile fine.

Is this a known problem? How can I work around it? Or is my installation/environment broken?

my versioninfo()

Julia Version 1.3.0
Commit 46ce4d7933 (2019-11-26 06:09 UTC)
Platform Info:
  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-6.0.1 (ORCJIT, haswell)

Thanks

1 Like

PackageCompilerX

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. In fact, I see that PackageCompilerX has been merged into PackageCompiler two days ago. Looks promising. Will give it a try soon.