NoiseProcess for stochastic differential equation always returns 0.0

I am trying to implement a stochastic differential equation for an SDE representing a biological system, so the variable (concentration) should not be negative.
In order to modelize a noise process that cannot be negative when the concentration is already 0 or close to 0, I decided to use a NoiseTransport process, as I do not see any other way to do it, at least from reading the documentation.

To make sure I understood everything, I decided to first toy with the examples provided in the doc: a 3d lorentz system (taken from doc):

using DifferentialEquations
using Plots
using Random
using Random: randn!

function lorenz(du, u, p, t)
    du[1] = 10.0(u[2] - u[1])
    du[2] = u[1] * (28.0 - u[3]) - u[2]
    du[3] = u[1] * u[2] - (8 / 3) * u[3]
end

function σ_lorenz(du, u, p, t)
    du[1] = 5.0
    du[2] = 5.0
    du[3] = 5.0
end

Onto which I apply the Transport noise (also taken from the doc)

function f!(out, u, p, t, v)
   println(v) # to check if noise is generated correctly
    out[1] = sin(v[1] * t)
    out[2] = sin(t + v[2])
    out[3] = cos(t) * v[1] + sin(t) * v[2]
    nothing
end

t0 = 0.0
RV!(v) = (v[1] = randn(1); v[2] = rand(1))
rv = zeros(2)

W = NoiseTransport(t0, f!, RV!, rv, noise_prototype = zeros(3))

I then solve the SDE by running the following snipet (again from the doc)

prob_sde_lorenz = SDEProblem(lorenz, σ_lorenz, [1.0, 0.0, 0.0], (0.0, 10.0), noise = W)
sol = solve(prob_sde_lorenz)
plot(sol, idxs = (1, 2, 3))

When I run this code, I see that the transport noise only generates [0, 0] which completely defeats the purpose. Any other variants of this that I tried, however simple, gave the same result. How can this be, since this is taken from the documentation?

Did I misunderstood the purpose of the transport noise? If so, how could I generate a noise that can only be negative when another variable is not 0?

@frankschae can respond to this one.

I’m not sure it’s helpful, but you could have a quick look at my recent question

https://discourse.julialang.org/t/sde-driven-by-a-noisetransport-noise/110422

Most of it is not relevant for your problem, but I think you would easily be able to ignore those parts and just read the few thoughts I had about NoiseTransport.

At the end it seems like I do not want to use NoiseTransport for the model I had, but my doubts about it remain and I would be happy to clear them.

I actually saw your post prior to posting mine, and it inspired me to try a workaround. I haven’t succeeded so far.