List of working packages on v. 1.0

I’ve seen what you’re talking about first-hand: within days of the release of 1.0, someone in my lab who had never made the switch finally decided to download it and give it a try. As noted in this thread, it was a very frustrating experience. I was able to explain and help manage expectations, but not everyone has a core developer within such easy reach. It might not have been crazy to have parked on 0.7 for a month and then released 1.0, but what’s done is done.

The plus side is that I’ve never seen so much energy and enthusiasm being pored into updating packages. We had literally >100 developers stay for a day after JuliaCon and upgrade packages. New tags are being released so quickly that the folks who are merging to METADATA must be struggling to keep up. We all feel the pressure (sleep? what’s that?). The major upside is that I predict this transition, given its difficulty due to the extent of changes, is being made at a rate that may have no precedent in the history of open-source languages.

29 Likes