Library loading failure when using Ipopt through JuMP

Hi,

Until today, I was having no issues using Ipopt through JuMP. Today, however, when I run optimize!(model), I get the following error:

Exception of type: DYNAMIC_LIBRARY_FAILURE in file "Common/IpLibraryLoader.cpp" at line 67:
Exception message: libopenblas.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EXIT: Library loading failure.

There are no issues with model generation prior to attempting the optimization. I am not quite sure what’s going on, but it does seem that “libopenblas.so.3” does not exist anywhere on my system (there are several files in the .julia/artifacts directory called libopenblas.so.0). I recently updated my Julia packages and my system packages, so I’m wondering if something got shifted around or deleted.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Any help would be immensely appreciated!

EDIT: The issue seems to be related to use of HSL direct solver routines, as I obtain the same issue with Ipopt.jl using the HSL solvers but no issue when using the default MUMPS solver. Accordingly, this is probably not an issue with JuMP at all, but I am still unsure how to fix it. Help is still very much appreciated.

What is import Pkg; Pkg.status()? What version of Julia are you using?

The issue seems to be related to use of HSL direct solver routines, as I obtain the same issue with Ipopt.jl using the HSL solvers but no issue when using the default MUMPS solver. Accordingly, this is probably not an issue with JuMP at all, but I am still unsure how to fix it. Help is still very much appreciated.

How did you compile HSL?

cc @amontoison

I compiled HSL using ThirdParty-HSL (GitHub - coin-or-tools/ThirdParty-HSL: COIN-OR autotools harness to build HSL linear solvers), and rebuilding HSL this way seems to fix the issue. Thanks for your response in any case!

1 Like

For information, the build system of coinhsl is broken @zornsllama.
If you want to use HSL solvers with Ipopt, ThirdParty-HSL or HSL.jl are the best way to install them.

2 Likes