When testing KNITRO, I got the following error:
could not load library “”
dlopen(.dylib, 0x0001): tried: ‘/Users/XXX/knitro-12.3.0-MacOS-64/lib/.dylib’ (no such file), ‘.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/Applications/Julia-1.8.app/Contents/Resources/julia/lib/julia/.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/Applications/Julia-1.8.app/Contents/Resources/julia/lib/.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/.dylib’ (no such file, not in dyld cache), ‘.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/lib/.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/.dylib’ (no such file, not in dyld cache)
KNITRODIR did not exist, so I pointed to the KNITRO folder. Nothing changed. I am getting the same error. I tried pointing to some older releases of KNITRO (I was also changing DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH). It did not work.
On Julia 1.6.4. KNITRO cannot find the valid license. But at least it can find all libraries. I guess I updated my Mac OS recently and need a new license since the machine ID has changed. But on Julia 1.8.5, I don’t even get to the stage of checking the license.
Thanks. It displays the correct version now. While testing, it cannot find a valid license, which is fine. I will request it tomorrow.
I still don’t know why it works now (maybe installing Julia/knitro from scratch). Either way thank you,