Keyboard shortcut to reset zoom and pan on a Makie plot

Is there a keyboard shortcut to reset the zoom and pan on a Makie plot?

2 Likes

Ctrl and click

5 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work for 3D plots. Is there a different keyboard shortcut for 3D plots?

center!(ax.scene) resets the zoom and pan on a Camera3D LScene. if you want to bind it to key you need to catch an event.

is there a similar method to reset the rotation?

1 Like

except, that there seems to be a bug in center!, in that if you’ve repositioned the camera to focus on a plot object using left_alt mouse_left, then it doesn’t work.

We have some code in there that is supposed to stop the camera from re-centering when adding plots after calling update_cam!(scene, eyepos, lookat) iirc. That’s also triggering on left alt + mouse click though, which it probably shouldn’t.

You can reset that by setting cameracontrols(a).settings.center[] = true. After that center! should work again. There should also be a left shift + click interaction for centering but that’s currently broken for some reason.

thanks! that works, barring two peculiarties: 1. i have to click twice to recenter, and 2. it resets the lookat too.

should i file an issue? i ask, because between Axis3, LScene, and OldAxis i have no idea what is planned to be supported going forward and what will be deprecated.